HW: Respond to 3 different classmates' posts (minimum 4 sentences).
1. Which character in the novel would you be and why?
2. The name John Savage could be considered ironic. Explain how.
3. The two greatest obscenities in the society of Brave New World are birth and mother. Why?
4. When John first starts reading Shakespeare, he discovers that the words make his emotions "more real" - they even make other people more real. Talk about the power of language in the book--the power of the word to influence thought and behavior. Why did Huxley choose Shakespeare as the medium of John's intellectual awakening?
5. Talk about Huxley's use of narrator. Does the fact that Huxley's vision was impaired for part of his life have any bearing on the way he narrates the story and sets the scenes?
6. If you were to choose a theme song for Brave New World, what would it be and why?